What does "prate" mean?

What does "prate" mean?

From http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prate:
To talk long and idly : CHATTER

Eno River Sunrise

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Skeet Milestone #5 - A Worst, a Best and a First

I shot in the Halifax Summer Shootout on August 6, 2016. This was my second trip to that very cozy club near South Boston VA.

In the morning I was competing in the 12 gauge using my 20 gauge. I shoot as well with 20 gauge as I do with 12, and I am more used to it based on the weight of the 20 gauge tube inserts. I got off to a rocky start and did not improve. I couldn't hit the high bird from the middle of the field, and completely lost confidence and focus. I wound up with a wretched score of 83 - my worst ever in 12 gauge.

I was very frustrated as I had been shooting pretty well recently. I decided to shoot a practice box working on the high birds on stations 3, 4 and 5. I convinced myself that I could actually hit that shot and that I was ready for the afternoon competition.

I got off to a good start in the 20 gauge competition with a couple of 24s. I slipped a little with a 21 in the third, but rallied to finish with a 25 for a total of 94. That was my highest score ever in competition, so the long ride home suddenly got a lot better. Also, it was my first 25 in competition, so that was another small victory.

Note to self: hard focus on the bird every time, confidence in leading the bird every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment